Friday, August 01, 2008

SRC | Week 8

#12 Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer: This is the fourth book in the Twilight Saga. I've read the first three and loved them all. There was a simpleness to them, great character development and an interesting story line to work through.

Breaking Dawn was different from the first three books. The first difference is that this book is broken up into three books. The first book, told from Bella's point of view, contained the wedding and honeymoon. It moved very quickly, which is fine since it was the wedding and all, but annoying because I just couldn't really get into it. The first book does take a surprising turn before it ends though, so be prepared. The second book, written from Jacob's point of view, brought us a bit further into the story (can't say too much here without spoiling things...which apparently some of my reviews/summaries have done...sorry.) The second book slows things back down a bit, which is nice. Gives the story a little time to develop instead of feeling so rushed. The third book is back to Bella's point of view and to me seemed a bit more reminiscent of the previous three books in the series. I do think that Stephenie could have spent a bit more time on the book. I could have used a little less of how beautiful Edward was, how beautiful Bella was...this got annoying in the earlier books too though, so might just be me. Much of the book seemed to be filled with fluff to get us through to the next chapter and earlier books didn't seem that way.

A set of books I will be more than happy to let my daughters read when they are old enough. Would I say rush out and buy this one in particular, probably not, but borrow it from a friend or go to your local library and put your name on the wait list for it for sure.

0 comments: