Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Hearts at Home Week | Day 1

Hey mom! Did you know that there are other moms out there that understand what you go through each day? Of course you knew that, but wouldn't it be nice to be able to talk with some of them and get ideas for how they handle things, what works, what doesn't? Then you need to know about Hearts at Home. I went to Hearts at Home for the first time last spring and it was awesome! A Hearts at Home conference is like going to “mommy school.” You’ll laugh, you’ll learn, and you’ll be inspired to be the best mom, wife, and woman that you can be. Additionally Hearts at Home offers books, an online community, a bi-monthly magazine, and a free E-Newsletter. I strongly urge you to grab some girlfriends and attend one of their upcoming conferences:

October 3-4, 2008 Grand Rapids, Michigan
November 7-8, 2008 Rochester, Minnesota
March 13-14, 2009 Bloomington, Illinois

If you don’t live close enough to drive to a conference, and hopping on a plane isn’t an option, you can also order a Home Conference Packet which gives you the conference via CD.

Check out the Hearts at Home website today to find out all that Hearts at Home has to offer you!

Okay, all that being said, there's one more thing to tell you...for each person that leaves a comment on my blog (under any of the Hearts at Home posts this week) will be in the drawing for one of the books that is available at the conference. How cool is that? Each day this week I will be asking a question for you to answer and on October 5th I will be drawing one of those names and posting it here on the blog (Each day there is a new question for you to answer...that means you have 4 chances to win!) The winner will get to choose which of these three books she would like: The Complete Guide to Getting and Staying Organized by Karen Ehman, Facing Every Mom's Fears by Allie Pleiter, or Is There Really Sex After Kids by Jill Savage.

So, without further ado, here's today's question:

What is your favorite thing about being a mom?


**please note - I don't know all my readers personally, so if you have any doubt, be sure to link with your e-mail address...and don't post anonymously otherwise it will be hard for you to win. I will be posting the winner's name here on the blog on Oct 5th, so be sure to check back!

11 comments:

KRISTIE said...

the hugs

Unknown said...

The hugs, the kisses, the love, the happy times, the sad times, watching them blossom, the fun things they say and do. I could go on all day but these are some of my favorites.

Anonymous said...

What a huge question! It's hard to find unconditional love like the love that a mom shares with her children, and they with her. And I love their funny comments, and watching them rest at night...
jellyskelly @ hotmail dot com

Rochelle said...

My favorite thing I would have to say is watching them grow up and learning at each stage. Also, how the smallest things make them most happiest.But my very most favorite is watching my child fall asleep as I read him books at night.

Ellen said...

Well, it's not the diapers . . . I think it's the grins and giggles.

Jan said...

Oooohhhh. So hard to narrow down! I would have to say the hugs and snuggles that only your own kids can give.

Kim J said...

The unconditional love you get from your child is the best. From the smile of first recognition as a baby, to the first hug and kiss after a scolding.. its just the best! Thats why I love being a Mom, plus 100 other reasons.

Sharon said...

Each stage of their growth and development is so rewarding. But I must say, being the Mom to 5 adult children, I have really enjoyed watching them go through all the different stages of life, and seeing them turn into the wonderful parents they are all today in thier own right. And realizing, FINALLY, that all the life lessons, morals, and ethics, that you were trying so hard to instill in them, were actually listenend to and maintained.

*Jennifer* said...

going to bed each night with my wonderful Dh after our 2.5 year old tells me "i love you" without being prompted. i just don't think you can get better then the unconditional love of a child.

Anonymous said...

Favorite thing about being a mom?

Going in every morning to get our little girl up and she is just sitting there smiling holding her hands out. It just brightens my morning.

Unknown said...

As the mom of a little boy, who is "all boy", the tender moments are hard to come by - I just love it when those moments come out like when i'm having a bad day and he looks at me and says i love you mommy and kisses my forhead! It's the best.