Thursday, July 16, 2009

Love Believes the Best, Day 7

Challenge: For today's dare, get two sheets of paper. On the first one, spend a few minutes writing out positive things about your spouse. Then do the same with negative things on the second sheet. Place both sheets in a secret place for another day. There is a different purpose and plan for each. At some point during the remainder of the day, pick a positive attribute from the first list and thank your spouse for having this characteristic.

Journal: Which list was easier to make? What did this reveal about your thoughts? What attribute did you thank your spouse for having?

So, what room do I spend more time in? Yikes...Not sure I want to think about that, so lets move on to the journaling.

For me, the positive list was easier to make. I take this as a good sign!!I really am so lucky to have him as a husband. The list of positives by far outnumbered the negatives. And the list of negatives that I came up with were so very minor, that it hardly was worth it to write them down, tho it did make me realize how inconsequential they were in the grand scheme of things. I won't bore you with the entire positive list, but some of the things listed included the following:

* Patient
* Kind
* Hard working
* Trusting
* Loving husband and father
* Forgiving
* Thoughtful
* Honest

I won't bore you with any of the negatives, because I'm believing the best in my husband and not going to focus on them.

What does this reveal about my thoughts? I realized that if I were making the lists about ME, it would be easier to write negative things over positive things. It seems I spend more time in the Appreciation Room when it comes to my husband, yet when it comes to me I tend to hang out more in the Depreciation Room.

We were then supposed to thank our spouse for something on the positive list later in the day. Tonight when he got home from work, I thanked him for being so trusting. He never questions anything that I do or who I'm with.

Now to hide the lists and see what's in store for them!

0 comments: