Sunday, July 12, 2009

Love is Not Selfish, Day 3

Challenge: Whatever you put your time, energy, and money into will become more important to you. It's hard to care for something you are not investing in. Along with restraining from negative comments, buy your spouse something that says, "I was thinking of you today."

Journal: What did you choose to give to your spouse? What happened when you gave it?

Okay, first off, I have to laugh because Friday I was feeling selfish...should have looked ahead in the book!

Day 3, and I have already failed a challenge. I did not buy Mike anything today. Nothing. Nadda. Zippo. Zilch.

Today Mike had to help set up the sound system for VBS so I went with my parents and the girls to the Air Show. There wasn't too much opportunity to buy something that Mike would need there. I should have planned ahead. I should have made it a priority to go buy him a gift. I didn't. I have my reasons that would completely validate why I could not follow through, but the raw truth is I did not make him a priority today, the Love Dare a priority.

Honestly, buying anything for Mike scares me...what in the world would he want or need? So, in the spirit of honesty, maybe I did not follow through not because of all my "valid" reasons, but because I have a hard time with this anyway so I just used those reasons to validate my failure.

I will complete this task, it just has to wait until tomorrow when I am not spending the day at the Air Show getting sunburnt. :) On to Day 4! Bring it! :)

0 comments: