Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Love is Not Rude, Day 5

Challenge: Ask your spouse to tell you three things that cause him to be uncomfortable or irritated with you. You must do so without attacking them or justifying your behavior. This is from their perspective only.

Journal: What things did your spouse point out about you that need your attention? How did you handle hearing it? What do you plan to do to improve these areas?

Okay, I didn't want to do today's challenge, of course, who does? Who really wants to find out what irritates their husband about themselves? Should I just take a fail on this one? Should I just blow it off...yeah, that's it! Okay, I didn't blow off the challenge all together, because I know how important it is and I really do want to better my marriage, I just went about it in a different way...I e-mailed him. I figured it would be easier for him to answer me honestly if he weren't telling me my faults to my face...I'm just hoping that he limits my faults to only three! I'll update with the results once he responds to the e-mail. Good luck with this one girls!

Update: Here was his response:
I don't know if I have three things that really bother me, but I'll give you what I've got.

One thing that bothers me (that you already know) is how you leave things lying around instead of putting them where they go. To sum it up lack of order.

As far as personality traits/character stuff, there really isn't anything that bothers me much. It used to bother me how you didn't think ahead or get stuff ready ahead of time, but since the girls have come along you seem to get better about that all of the time.

Do you HAVE to have three things?

0 comments: