Thursday, July 09, 2009

Make An Investment in YOUR Marriage...I DARE YOU!

Last year Mike and I went to see the movie Fireproof. It was awesome. The acting was decent, but the message was incredible. It really touched my heart and stirred up a longing to have a deeper, closer relationship with my hubby.

Earlier this week, while talking to some of the girls in the mom's group on the phone, we discussed the study book we were doing and some feelings about it. After those phone calls I was feeling led to suggest changing our study book for the time being. I had decided last week that I would do the Love Dare book myself and Kathy was going to do it with me, but after praying about it for a couple days I felt a great peace about suggesting it as a replacement study book. Fast-forward to today in our Mom's Group Bible Study we decided to switch gears and do the Love Dare book instead.

I’m determined to get through the entire book, be completely transparent with myself, and to make an improvement in myself and in our marriage. Please pray for me, and the other mom's that are taking on this dare, and look for my Day 1 post tomorrow!

By the way, Fireproof came out on DVD a few months ago. Check it out with your spouse and take on the Love Dare yourself. I’d love to hear about your journey.

0 comments: