Monday, July 13, 2009

Love is Thoughtful, Day 4

Challenge: Contact your spouse sometime during the business of the day. Have no agenda other than asking how he or she is doing and if there is anything you could do for them.

Journal: What did you learn about yourself or your spouse by doing this today? How could this become a more natural, routine, and genuinely helpful part of your lifestyle?


First off, I'm going to start by finishing off yesterday's challenge. Today I bought Mike a lovey-dovey card and put a little coupon in it for dinner at the restaurant of his choice next time we're going out together.

Now to Day #4...I must confess that this challenge is super duper easy for me because we do this already on a regular basis. We normally talk on the phone several times a day while Mike is at work. He calls to check on me and the kids, and I fill him in on the day's activities. I hate that he misses out on so much that we do, so I do my very best to help him feel connected, even while he is at work. Someone asked me a couple weeks ago if my hubby was very controlling because I call him to let him know what's going on...No, I don't call him because he wants to know where I'm at every second of the day or everything we do all day long...that would take more time and energy than it would be worth, I do it because I love him and because I want him to know that no matter what we're doing I'm thinking about him. (I also sent him a message on Facebook today, so do I get extra credit?)

0 comments: